Women are increasingly opting for abdominal binders to recover and get back in shape after pregnancy. Belly binders are widely popular and have been around since ages in different form in different cultures.
Abdominal binders are being prescribed by doctors for their amazing benefits like –
- boosts confidence as you fit into clothes easily,
- accelerates the postpartum healing process,
- provides compression and relieves swelling as well as aids in healing of scar by improving blood circulation in the incision area,
- improves lymphatic drainage and lowers retention of water by the body,
- binds the abdomen and helps closing the gap in the midline of the abdomen,
- tightens the belly, waist and hips,
- provides comfort and muscle support,
- helps alleviate back pain and soreness,
- provides support while breastfeeding and reduce discomfort,
- aids in improving posture, and
- believed to support weight loss and reduce stretch marks.
While there are tons of different binders available like abdominal binders, belly wraps, maternity belts, belly bands and traditional cloth, it becomes increasing difficult to chose the right product.
Related:10 Best Postpartum Girdle & Belt Reviews
The most essential feature to look for before buying an abdominal binder is efficiency. It should be able to deliver on the claims it makes like compression, shaping, support, relief and recovery.
Another important factor to look for is ease of use and comfort. It should be snug tightly without rolling down and bruising the skin.
If the binder is visible under clothing and is not comfortable enough to be be worn all day long, while carrying out day-to-day activities, think again before buying.
Look for a product that is latex-free or made out of cotton for breathability and flexibility without irritating the skin. Medical grade or doctor recommended binders are a safe option to choose from.
Another deciding factor for most of us is affordability. Remember that everything expensive is not worth it. An expensive binder might work for one person, but might not work for you. So compare all the features essential for you before investing in a binder.
Top 10 Postpartum Abdominal Binder after C-Section
1. Bellefit Dual-Closure Corset with Hooks & Side Zipper, C-Section
The Bellefit girdle is the best selling and best rated postpartum girdle on Amazon.com and for a good reason. It is medical-grade girdle with good compression, that fits snugly and provides comfort and supports fast recovery. The only concern raised by most critical reviewers include finding the right size, so use the size calculator by Bellefit to confirm your true size.
- Medical –grade, superior-quality, durable and doctor recommended postpartum girdle
- Available in different styles like zipper, pull-ups and dual closure for best comfort with c-section incision in mind.
- Comfortable and easy to wear without showing under the clothes.
- Effectively help uterus go back to its place after birth.
- Provides gentle compression without making you uncomfortable and allows speedy recovery.
- Helps improve posture.
- Supports back and reduces pain and soreness.
- The saddle between the legs can be wide for some women might feel like its digging and causing chaffing in the inner thigh.
- Using their sizing system can be a little tricky
- Comparatively expensive
2. Belly Bandit Original Postpartum Belly Wrap
Endorsed by many celebrities like Kourtney Kardashian and Minnie Driver, Belly Bandit has a cult following because of the claims it makes to bring you back to your pre-pregnancy size and high technology used to create the garment.
- Helps tighten and shrink the belly, waist and hips along with instantly shaping the body.
- Comfortable latex-free design, medical-grade elastic, doctor recommended and provides excellent comfort after C-section
- Assists in minimizing stretch marks and accelerates healing
- Supports back and core muscles
- Available in different models like bamboo, cotton and lace.
- Convenient and comfortable to be worn all day along and can be slept in too.
- Forget discomforts like rubbing or chaffing.
- Not really a girdle but more like a broad belt
- Visible under tight-fitting dresses and tops.
3. Squeem Firm Compression Waist Trainer
From the Brazilian company Squeem, with over 40 years of experience in manufacturing quality shapewears, this functional waist trainer is designed to enhance the natural curves, support weight loss and provide great back support. This is probably the best invisible girdle in the market today that hides under the most fitting clothes too.
- Provides gentle compression in the mid-section with superior shaping
- 100% natural rubber fabric emphasizes on your natural curves without causing any discomfort
- Supports the belly and back along with providing posture improvement
- Intelligent design avoid roll-up
- Targets specific area trimming without the need to wear complicated and uncomfortable girdles.
- Completely invisible under any dress.
- A few reviewers have reported sizing issues, so read the sizing guide carefully before buying.
4. Outop 3 in 1 Postpartum Support – Belt Shapewear Waist Belts
This is a great lightweight and breathable Velcro-lines belt with the adjustable design that fits all sizes easily. If you are somewhere between the sizes, you do not need to fret with Outop 3-in-1 belt, as its flexible belt allow customization.
- Comprised of 3 belts to individually take care of the belly, waist and hips areas.
- One size actually fits all with this belt.
- High quality, durable and lightweight material used rather than elastic or latex, reducing the risk of skin irritation or allergy.
- Supports back and speeds up postpartum recovery.
- The three separate belts can be a little complicated to wear initially.
- Slightly bulky design makes it visible under clothing.
5. Leonisa Women’s Postpartum Panty with Adjustable Belly Wrap
The Leonisa belly wrap is a panty shaper that aims to give the look of a slimmer waist with flattened belly and reduced hip size. Reasonably priced, this shapewear allows fast postpartum recovery and incision healing with the its front tummy panel and side Velcro.
- Helps in giving a slimmer look and claimed to support weight loss process.
- Very comfortable with the smooth elastic DuraFit fabric that effectively holds everything and allows breathing.
- Slightly visible under the clothes with the side Velcro.
6. Just Us Store Fajate VS Colombian Post-Surgery Postpartum Body Shaper Girdle
This is a braless girdle that aims at trimming the waist and shaping the belly. Since it is braless, you can easily pair it with your favorite bra for the most comfortable look and support.
- Provides excellent compression and shaping to boost your confidence
- Girdle style extended to mid-leg to provide more comfort and support without digging in the crotch area.
- Comfortable to worn post surgery like liposuction
- Open crotch makes bathroom visit less troublesome.
- Anti-microbial fabric reduces the chance of skin infection.
- Issue of leg roll ups.
7. Amon Forgive Post-Partum Maternity Girdle
If you are tight on the budget, you can opt for these basic yet functional pull-up style high-waist panties. They provide the right amount of compression with comfort.
Made out the best quality material, consisting of 90% nylon, they are durable and effortless.
It is wide enough to snuggle hold your postpartum belly and provide compression without the need for complex, expensive and uncomfortable girdles that dig in and cause chaffing.
- Basic yet effective design.
- Comfortable and easy to be worn all day long while carrying out daily activities and exercising.
- Protects the incision area after c-section while providing compression and support to the lower abdomen
- High-quality nylon-spandex material used for durability and breathability.
- Might not be able to provide the same support and binding as the actual girdles or closure style.
8. Gabrialla Postpartum Support Girdle
This girdle provides postpartum support after both vaginal and c-section birth without compromising on look and comfort. It helps you get a firm belly, help regain shape and speed up recovery. It has a high-waist design, with broad bands, wide-reinforced panels, to provide effective support to the back, hip and abdomen.
- Classic pull-up style providing comfort, ease-of-use and support to the abdomen and hip area
- Provides support, alleviate pain and help improve posture
- Cotton-lined nylon elastic provides the right grip and prevents skin allergies
- Hook area in the crotch for convenience
- Not visible under clothes
- Available in regular and plus sizes.
- Does not enhance your natural curves
- Can sometimes roll up or bundle causing discomfort
9. LA. Helena Women Postpartum Girdle Corset Recovery Belly Band Wrap Belt
The LA Helena belt is a simple one-piece postpartum belt designed to provide full-abdomen support without breaking the bank.
Its broad band provides a comfortable and sung fit, while the Velcro gives you the flexibility to choose the amount of support and compression needed.
- Simple yet good design provide good support and recovery
- Comfortable and easy to wear
- Helps improve posture
- Slightly bulky and can rolls up while sitting
- Some critical Amazon reviews have complained about the quality of the product
10. Trendyline® Women Postpartum Girdle Corset Recovery Belly Band Wrap Belt
The Trendyline belt is ideal for postpartum women looking for good value for money with back support and abdomen compression. Its four-way closure allows you to decide the level of compression needed.
- Pocket friendly price
- Tightens and flattens your belly with back support
- Made from 65% polyester, it is lightweight and comfortable
- Available in different sizes ranging from small, medium, large to X-large to find the belt that fits you correctly.
- Breathable design allows wearing it for longer duration of time.
- Some users have complaint about the bunching up problem.
- Not completely invisible under tight fitting clothes.
Many doctors today recommend abdominal binders to help safeguard the stitches, improve circulation in the incision area and speed recovery process after a c-section birth.
However, before buying a binder, keep in mind that these are not miracle products or fat burning furnace and will not help you transform your postpartum body overnight. They help you in getting back in shape after C-Section, but will not help you reduce weight.
While it is important to wear a binder that fits you snugly, do not buy one that is too tight and can cut off circulation and makes it difficult to breathe or wear while carrying out routine activities.
Also remember, to start wearing the belt as soon as your medical practitioner recommends.