Spring is here, and it’s time to refresh your wardrobe so you can leave home feeling confident and charismatic. Whether you want to take advantage of those first few warm days outdoors or you’re looking for footwear that matches your charming personality, you can’t go wrong with loafers.
While we have a detailed resource covering the best loafers year-round, we’re going to get a bit more specific today. We’ll help you choose the best loafers for springtime in particular. Below, you’ll gain access to the most stylish, sophisticated Italian loafers online - each of which is a perfect match for the spring season in 2023.
Before we get into the best spring loafers for men and women, let’s talk about some characteristics of springtime footwear in general.
Characteristics of the Best Loafers for Springtime
If you keep up with our blog, you’ve probably already seen our article addressing the best summer loafers. So, what separates the types of loafers we recommend based on the season? What are the characteristics of the best loafers for springtime?
Really, it just comes down to the careful selection of materials and styles that mesh well with the spring weather and flair. Frankly, you can wear these loafers year-round depending on where you live. But with that said, here’s a quick breakdown of what you should keep in mind as you overhaul your spring footwear selection.
Stick With Leather or Velvet
There are many different types of loafers you can choose from. But, two materials we recommend for springtime specifically are leather and velvet.
Leather is a classic material that is both durable and breathable, but it’ll still keep your feet a bit warmer on those chilly spring mornings or evenings. It molds to your feet over time, making it more comfortable with each wear. You’ll love your new leather loafers this spring season, but you’ll love them even more the next season, and the season after that…you get the point.
Velvet, on the other hand, is a more luxurious option that adds a touch of elegance to any outfit. It doesn’t quite offer the breathability you may want in a pair of loafers for warmer weather, but it’s perfect for more mild seasons like spring. By having a pair of both leather and velvet loafers on hand, you can dress with confidence for any occasion. But now, let’s talk about the actual design of your footwear selection this spring…
Find Styles With More Detail & Embellishments
Springtime is all about new beginnings and fresh starts, so why not choose loafers with intricate details and embellishments?
Tassels, buckles, and stitching are all popular embellishments for springtime loafers. These details add interest and texture to your shoes and make them stand out from the crowd. You'll feel stylish and on-trend with a pair of loafers that have unique details.
In just a moment, we’ll share a few great loafers with these types of details on them. But, we’ll share some simple, subtle works of art for those who prefer to fly under the radar as well.
Choose Softer, More Muted Colors
Springtime is known for its soft and muted color palette, and your loafers should reflect that. Pastel colors such as light pink, baby blue, and mint green are popular choices for springtime loafers. These colors evoke a sense of calmness and tranquility, perfect for the season of renewal.
Additionally, neutral tones like beige, tan, and gray are also great options for springtime loafers. They pair well with almost any outfit and provide a classic look that never goes out of style. In saying that, you can really wear any colors during springtime - this is not something you should feel shackled to. Stick with what makes you feel the most comfortable and confident at the end of the day.
What are the Best Spring Loafers for Men & Women This Year?
Now - enough pleasantries. It’s time to unveil the best spring loafers for men and women alike. The footwear recommendations below check off the three boxes we’ve just discussed and then some. Before we start unveiling our personal favorites for this upcoming spring season, allow us to explain why you should spoil yourself at Del Toro.
Why You Can Count on Del Toro for Quality Footwear That Stands Out This Spring
At Del Toro, you’ll gain access to the most immaculate handmade Italian shoes online. We offer traditional Italian craftsmanship with a modern spin.
Our footwear is brought to life right in the heart of Italy using the time-honored traditions of Italian shoemaking. That means you can rest assured your loafers aren’t just stunning - they’re comfortable and built to last.
You came here for the best spring loafers, but we do want to take the chance to let you know we have the best Italian shoes. Period. That means you can also explore our selection of velvet slippers or our Italian sneakers for men.
While our loafers are a remarkable choice year-round, you’re going to love the way they enhance your spring wardrobe. Without any further ado, let’s introduce you to a few of our top choices for men and women alike…
A Few of Our Favorites for Men This Spring
There are countless choices in our collection of Italian loafers for men that work wonderfully in springtime - you really can’t go wrong with any of these. However, we’ve curated our five top choices below for any guy looking for a pair of shoes that can keep up with his personality:
- Men's Black Velvet Loafer With Black Tassel: You’ll love these in springtime and the rest of the year for that matter. These are a staple, and you’ll find yourself relying on them time and time again no matter the occasion - sophisticated, formal, or somewhere in between.
- Men's Black Leather Milano Loafer: Love our classic black loafer, but aren’t sold on velvet or tassels? We’ve got you. This more mellow style is an excellent choice for men who want to fly under the radar a bit more, while still maintaining that eclectic vibe and charisma that loafers offer.
- Men's Brown Leather Milano Loafer: Another versatile choice you’ll be able to wear with an array of outfits. The Italian Napa Leather has that classic edge that makes loafers such an eye-catching, head-turning choice.
- Men's Sage Suede Milano Loafer: This vibrant colorway is a match made in heaven for springtime - it just pops. As such, it is an excellent choice for any man who isn’t afraid to add some flair to his feet.
- Men's Grigio Suede Milano Loafer: A perfect pastel colorway for springtime - it pairs well with blues and greens, a few of our favorite colors this time of year.
We’ve Got Spring Loafer Inspiration for Women, Too!
Now - let’s offer some spring inspiration for the ladies reading along. Again, all of our women’s Italian loafers can elevate your look throughout the gorgeous spring season. With that said, these five stand out from the crowd as the most stylish picks:
- Women's Black Leather Milano Loafer: Just as every man needs a classic black pair of leather loafers, so do women - which is why this is our first recommendation if you don’t currently have a pair already. You can’t go wrong with the classics!
- Women's Black Leather Milano With Leopard: If you have a bubbly personality and aren’t afraid to show it off and command attention when you enter a room, these are the loafers for you. That leopard print will leave a lasting impression anytime you make an appearance.
- Women's Sky Leather Milano Loafer: As the days start to get a bit longer and the rainy season fades away, these bright leather loafers make an impact on your look - prepare to earn compliments every time you step outside!
- Women's Brown Leather Milano Loafer: Another staple that every woman will want in her wardrobe. Brown is a wonderful color for transitional periods like spring. You can wear this colorway with dark or light outfits alike.
- Women's Begonia Suede Milano Loafer: Last but certainly not least, these bright pink loafers are a perfect match for the spring season. They serve wonderfully as the statement piece that has been missing from your closet - and you’ll be able to wear them through the summer season too!
Now That You Have the Best Loafers for Spring, Here’s Some Advice on Rocking Them in Style…
There you have it - the best spring loafers for men and women alike. We hope that regardless of your current wardrobe and your personal style preferences, at least a few of our picks called your name and stole your heart. The five recommendations we gave you above are just a small taste of what awaits you over in our full catalog - so don’t hesitate to explore further and see what else we have in store for you!
Now - before we bring this conversation to a close, we want to provide you with advice on rocking your new Italian loafers this spring season.
- Mix and Match Textures: Spring is the perfect time to experiment with different textures, so don't be afraid to mix and match your loafers with other textures like linen or cotton. For example, pair your leather loafers with a lightweight linen blazer or cotton shorts.
- Dress Up or Down: Loafers are a versatile footwear choice that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. For a more formal look, pair your loafers with a blazer and dress pants. For a casual look, wear your loafers with a t-shirt and jeans. The possibilities are endless!
- Let Your Loafers Do the Talking: One of the best pieces of fashion advice we can offer is to stick with one statement piece per outfit. If you’re wearing a basic pair of black or brown leather loafers, it’s possible you’ll have another piece on that serves as the statement. But for some of the more charismatic styles we’ve shared, dress the rest of your look in a way that allows the loafers to shine.
- Consider Weather Conditions: Spring weather can be unpredictable, so be sure to choose loafers that are appropriate for the weather conditions. If it's raining, opt for loafers with rubber soles or waterproof materials. If it's particularly chilly, consider wearing loafers with socks or pairing them with a light jacket.
- Socks vs No Socks: One of the most hotly debated topics is whether to wear socks with loafers or not. We prefer to wear socks with our loafers as this protects them against sweaty food odors - but ultimately, the choice is yours. Because temperatures can still be a bit cool during this period, we do recommend socks in springtime. You can get creative by matching your socks to the rest of your outfit or clashing a bit to stand out.
If you want to learn more about how to style loafers, we encourage you to read our full guide on the topic. You can also learn about wearing loafers with jeans and a shirt for those more casual settings or stepping out in loafers and a suit for those more formal occasions.
We also encourage you to take the time to learn about leather shoe care and how to clean velvet shoes in our blog. This will keep your springtime loafers looking as stunning as the day they arrived at your doorstep. But for now, let’s wrap this discussion up.
Bringing our Conversation on the Best Spring Loafers to a Close
We can’t wait to see what types of looks you serve up this spring season wearing our incredible Italian loafers.
Now that we’ve unveiled the best spring loafers for men and women alike - and offered advice on how to dress your best this spring season - there’s just one thing left to do.
Head over to Del Toro today and treat yourself to the sunning loafers you’ve been missing from your collection all this time!